This Construction Bulletin is intended for neighbors close to Expedia’s new campus within the Interbay community. It serves as notice for timing and impact of on-site construction activities. It will also note safety-related information to ensure a safe working environment for all neighbors. See below or click here for the June construction update.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN SPRING / SUMMER 2018
GLY will continue construction of a new parking structure general site improvements, and restoration of interior space. This work includes:
- Continue installation of temporary stormwater erosion control
measures (grading and installing silt fencing, retention ponds, and
stormwater distribution piping).
- Continue interior non-structural demolition.
- Continuation of grading and earthwork removal in preparation for
site work (grading, importing soils on-site, exporting soils from the site).
- Installation of piped and electrical underground utilities on site.
- General: delivery of equipment and materials to the site, increased workforce
and trucks, noise created by construction, and equipment
- Start of foundation pile work supporting new parking garage in the northwest
corner of the site.
- Strategic exterior cladding removal.
- Beginning in late July the bike trail from Centennial Park (fishing pier) to
Galer St will be rebuilt and upgraded with new separate bike and
- Non-Holiday Weekdays (Monday-Friday): 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- The construction fencing surrounding the project is for safety and security; please do not enter the project site at any time for any reason.
- Be mindful of equipment and truck traffic in the surrounding areas until project completion.
- Be cognizant of truck back up alarms, wide turns, and do not cross between trucks and trailers.
- Please follow the instructions of the flaggers in the construction areas.
- All public perimeter access will remain open and maintained.
Community members seeking additional information and support or onsite safety or emergency concerns should contact our 24/7 construction hotline at (425) 451-8877.